How to apply for a CAMICO Policy（申込方法）
This is an application for a “Claims Made and Reported”policy. The policy applies only to claims or multiple claim first made against the Insured and reported to the Company while the policy is in force and for professional accounting services performed on or after the prior acts date. The limit of liability available to pay damages or settlements shall be reduced by amounts incurred as“Claim Expenses”including fees and expenses incurred in the investigation, adfustment, and difense of a claim or multiple claims. the policy Therefore, it is importabt that all questions be answered accurateky.
Please follow the steps listed below to complete your application for CAMICO coverage:
- Review all definitions at the bottom of the page.
- Please type or print clearly,and do not use pencil.
- Complete Parts I through Ⅶ, answering all questions completely. If any questions, or part thereof, does not apply, print“NA”in the space provided -leave no blanks. Failure to answer all questions will delay our ability to underwrite this application, which may result in a gap in your coverage.
- Complete supplemental application(s) only when appropriate.
- sign on page4; make a copy of your completed application for your records.
- Return the completed application in the enclosed envelope (see page 7 for mailing address).
Common Phrases and Definitions（一般項目と定義）
CLAIMS MADE AND REPORTED: The Policy is a claims made and reported policy. Except to such extent as may otherwise be provided herein, the coverage of the Policy is limited to professional liability for only those claims, including multiple claims, that are first made against the Insured and reported to the Company while the policy is in force. Please review the Policy carefully and discuss the coverage with your CAMICO representative.
FIRM: The term“Firm”means the entity listed in Part Ⅰ, question 1 of this application and any individual owner(proprietor, stockholder, partner) and any individual employee of the entity listed in PartⅠ, question 1 of this application.
PRIOR ACTS: Coverage for work done prior to inception of this policy may be requested where the firm has current professional liability coverage.
If this policy is written with prior acts coverage it shall apply only to claims or multiple claims for damages which are the result of any act, error, or omission, or related or identical acts, errors, or omissions, which fiest take(s) place on or after the prior acts(retroactive) date.
PROFESSIONAL: Professional means
- each proprietor, stockholder, or partner of the Firm;
- (b) all persons［not included in (a) above］who otherwise perform those tasks customarily performed by persons who have completed the educational requirements for the CPA examination(this includes any persons who prepare financial statements and/or tax returns even if reviewed by a CPA); and
- (c) all other persons who are engaged in management advisory servises, consulting services or other services of a professional nature or who have professional degrees.
PART-TIME:Persons who work at least 1,000 hours a years, even if seasonal, are Full-time,Persons who work fewer than 1,000 hours a year are considered Part-Time.If two or more persons work less than 1,000 professional hours a year in total,they are equivalent to one Part-Time person.
RED DIEM:Professional accounting services performed by individuals who are not permanent employees of the Firm,even though the fees generated by those services are billed by the Firm to a client of the Firm.